CareValidate is experiencing tremendous growth and is eager to add a Senior Full Stack Engineer to our team who is innovative, humble, team-oriented, and excited about working in a fast-paced startup environment.
The ideal candidate will have extensive production experience in building high performance front end applications using Vue.js in a micro frontends architecture, where smaller web applications written in different frameworks work under the same shell app and share authentication credentials seamlessly. Experience with Vite or Webpack is essential.
Experience with the Quasar framework is highly desirable, but experience with the latest Vue.js best practices and alternate UI frameworks (Vuetify, Bulma, Ionic etc) is acceptable. Basic understanding of React is also expected in order to be able to port legacy code. An eye for beautiful design is a desirable quality.
The role is 100% remote but we generally hire engineers who are able to work during the core business hours in the Eastern time zone. CareValidate provides very competitive salaries (based on skills and experience) and sponsors equipment purchase of the candidate's choice up to $1500.
What you’ll do
- Build high-quality micro frontends and GraphQL APIs on the Google Cloud Platform
- Help migrate a legacy FireStore database to MongoDB or a RDBMS
- Write high-quality, efficient, testable code that follows best practices and standards
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new products and features while also enhancing the existing product suite
- Develop documentation and contribute to the creation of UI mock-ups
- Support the best engineering practices and build a culture of engineering excellence where the team always comes first
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of professional software development experience working on a product team, with 1-2 years experience on Google Cloud Firebase/Firestore preferred
- Deep expertise in relational and NoSQL databases, strongly preferred familiarity with two or more: Firestore, PostgreSQL, BigQuery
- Strong understanding, design, and implementation of good GraphQL and REST API design
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguous environments, including adapting to new challenges, scenarios, and working styles
- Experience with hybrid web and mobile native applications
- Fluent in spoken and written English, and able to work for any employer in the USA (CareValidate does not sponsor visa/GC)
Please do NOT apply if you:
- require a really long time to get up to speed with an existing, and thus unfamiliar, codebase
- have zero experience with Google Cloud (in certain cases, extensive AWS experience can substitute), or if you only have experience in React and no other SPA framework
- are not able to manage your time effectively, follow directions, adapt to changes in requirements
- have a big ego, are an individualist and do not work well with other team members remotely
- are not able to work during the core business hours of 9a - 3p EST
- are not willing to pick up additional work and put in additional time beyond the minimum expectations when needed by management