Last Updated: July 1, 2023
Types of Data We Collect
We collect the following information about you:
“Personal Data” means information that directly or indirectly identifies you, such as your name, email address, or other identifying information about you, or that would, when combined with other information you provide or that is broadly available, be likely to identify you.
You may interact with CareValidate in ways that require us to gather Personal Data. The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, if you order a test kit, we will require your name and contact information to deliver the test. In each case, we collect such information only in so far as is legal and appropriate. If you do not wish for us to collect any information about you through the Platform, you can simply not utilize the Platform or otherwise supply Personal Data. Your choice not to provide information may, however, prevent you from using certain features of the Platform. Note that we may still process information about you on behalf of your employer or the organizer of the event you are attending, as applicable. Please contact your employer or the organizer of the event you are attending, as applicable, if you have any questions about this information.
How CareValidate Collects Personal Data
Personal Data you provide to us.
We will collect Personal Data when you interact with us via the Platform. We also will collect Personal Data when you subscribe to receive CareValidate marketing materials.
Personal Data provided by our Clients.
We receive Personal Data from our clients, such as employers or event organizers, who are using our services to verify vaccination status or provide free testing (collectively, our “Clients”). We receive that information by various means, including information that Clients input into the Platform.
Personal Data collected from testing kits purchased on the Platform.
We may collect the results of any testing kit you or our Client purchase from us, which may include Personal Data.
Information automatically collected by the Platform.
We may collect information about the Platform that you use and how you use it. This information includes:
• Computer, tablet, or mobile telephone information. We may collect device-specific information(such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, device sensors and mobile network information including phone number) and device sensors and related information. CareValidate may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your account. We will comply with the usage/license restrictions and requirements applicable to the device from which the information comes.
• Log information. When you usethe Platform or view content provided by us, we may automatically collect andstore certain information in server logs. This may include, for example:
o details of how you used the Platform.
o Internet protocol address.
o device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
• Location information. When you use the Platform, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We also may use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
• Unique application numbers. The Platform may include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to CareValidate when you install or uninstall an application or utilize the Platform or when the Platform periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
• Local storage. We may collect and store information (including Personal Data) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
• Cookies and anonymous identifiers. We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit the Platform as described below, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
The Platform may utilize “cookies” to improve the functionality of the Platform. Cookies are text files that are sent by servers to web browsers and stored on your computer. They tell us which parts of the Platform you’ve visited so CareValidate can alert you to software compatibility issues and save your preferences for future visits to the Platform. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Data previously provided by a user.
How CareValidate Uses Personal Data
We primarily use your Personal Data in order to provide our vaccine and testing information records management services to our Clients. Please contact your employer or the organizer of the event you are attending, as applicable, to learn more about how they use your Personal Data.
Separately, we may use some of your Personal Data, such as information derived from cookies, electronic identifiers, and log information, in the following ways:
• To operate, maintain, and improve ourservices, including the Platform.
• To create your account, identify you as a user, and customize the Platform for your use.
• To operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
• If you submit a resume to work at CareValidate, we may use it for hiring decisions and retain the resume or information in it for our own records or in order to contact you later.
• To send you administrative communications about your use of the Platform, which may include administrative emails, confirmations, technical notices, updates, and security alerts.
• To provide you with user support and to respond to your comments and questions.
• To analyze trends and statistics regarding the use of the Platform including any mobile applications and social media assets.
• To improve our customer service.
• To protect, investigate, and discourage fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
• To comply with legal obligations and to cooperate with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with applicable laws to the extent doing so requires the processing of Personal Data.
How CareValidate Shares Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data with third parties such as vendors. These include:
• Third parties designated by you. We may share your Personal Data with third parties where you have provided your consent to do so.
• With our Clients. We mayprovide your Personal Data to our Clients who have directed you to use ourPlatform.
• Our third-party service providers. We may share your Personal Data with our third-party service providers who provide us services including hosting, delivering, and improving our services. We also use third-party service providers for specific services and functions, including email communication, customer support services, and data analysis. These third-party service providers may only use your Personal Data following CareValidate's instructions and to perform their duties for us.
• Other disclosures. If CareValidate determines that the access, preservation, or disclosure of your Personal Data is required by law to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of CareValidate and users of the Platform, or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including national security or law enforcement requests then CareValidate will share or disclose your Personal Data. Additionally, if CareValidate believes it is necessary to investigate potential violations of the Terms of Service, to enforce the Terms of Service, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or act regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons, property, or the systems on which we operate our Platform, then CareValidate may share or disclose your Personal Data.
CareValidate does not
• Share your Personal Data with third parties for the purpose of enabling them to deliver advertisements to you.
• Sell or rent your Personal Data in exchange for monetary consideration.
How We Protect YourInformation
CareValidate discloses Personal Data to those of its employees, contractors, agents and affiliated organizations that need to know that information in order to process it on CareValidate’s behalf or to provide services. Some of those employees, contractors, agents and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your state, province or country. By using the Resources or providing us information, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
If you are a registered user of one or more Resources or have supplied your email address, you agree that in addition to any Resources you may have solicited or requested, CareValidate may further send you emails to provide you with information, , to solicit your feedback, or to keep you up to date on CareValidate. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, we may not immediately delete residual copies of Personal Data that is on our active servers and may not remove information from our backup or archive systems.
As noted, we primarily collect and store your Personal Data on behalf of our Clients. If you believe that Personal Data we maintain about you is inaccurate, please contact your employer or the organizer of the event you are attending, as applicable.
In some cases, we cannot control, and are not responsible for, information that is shared about you. For example:
• Information You Share. The Platform may let you share information with others. Remember that when youshare information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines or otherwise further disclosed.
• Accessing and Updating Personal Data. If you provide us with information or create an account in order to access or receive services on the Platform, we may or may not be able to provide you with access to your Personal Data. If information that we control about you is incorrect, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it (unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes). When updating your Personal Data, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
State Specific Privacy Rights
Some state consumer privacy laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act, provide individuals with certain rights regarding their Personal Data. These laws do not apply to all organizations that collect personal data, and at this time CareValidate does not meet the applicability thresholds of any of those laws.
Notice to California Residents
A California resident who has provided Personal Data to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes may request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. As noted above, we do not disclose personal information to third parties for such purposes.
In some cases, we may transfer Personal Data provided to us by Clients in one country, to entities within our organization located outside of that country. If we transfer Personal Data internationally, we may rely on a legal framework that provides appropriate safeguards, which could include the standard contractual clauses, binding corporate rules, or another framework deemed adequate by the appropriate governing body (such as the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission).
Identity of the Data Controller
A “data controller” is a person or entity that determines the purpose and means for which Personal Data is processed. The “data processor” is a person or entity that processes Personal Data on behalf of the data controller.
CareValidate acts as a data processor on behalf of Clients when it processes Personal Data for the purposes of providing our services to those Clients, such as managing vaccination status records or offering testing kits to employees. The identity of the controller of your Personal Data is your employer or the organizer of the event you are attending, as applicable. Please Contact Us for more information about the controller of your Personal Data.
Third Party Links
The Platform may contain links to webpages or tools operated by parties other than CareValidate. We do not control such websites or tools and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy policies or other practices of such websites or service providers. Our inclusion of links to an outside website or tool does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or tools or any association with their operators. Further, it is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever links you select or software you download (whether from an electronic platform (such as an app) or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which you will be subject to upon accessing the third party’s website. We strongly recommend you review the third party’s terms and policies.
CareValidate does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child has provided us with information without the consent of the parent or guardian, then the parent or guardian should immediately contact CareValidate via e-mail or through other written communications. We will delete such information as soon as reasonably possible. We strongly encourage parents and guardians to monitor their children's internet usage and to advise their children to never provide Personal Data through this Platform without their permission.
Do Not Track
Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites and online services that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Such browser features and industry standards are not uniform, so our websites and online services do not respond to those signals.
Our Contact Information
4575 Webb Bridge Road
Alpharetta, GA 30005
Data Protection Officer Contact Information
You may contact our Data Protection Officer, Johan Westin, at:
Per Hörbergs Väg 3
164 50 Bromma
p. +46 705085085